Incident Reporting

Reporting accidents and incidents, no matter how minor, is vital to eliminating unsafe conditions and preventing reoccurrence.  The Environmental Health and Safety office (EHS) has designed reporting forms to facilitate the written communication and follow-up required after each accident/incident occurs. 

Employees have the responsibility to report work-related accidents and incidents to their supervisor immediately, no later than 24 hours, after the incident occurs.  Supervisors had the responsibility to investigate all accidents and incidents. See University  Incident Reporting & Investigation PIM #27

In case of an Emergency or a Life-Threatening Injury please contact Campus Police (from a campus phone dial 911 - from a cell phone dial 704-687-2200).

To Report incidents 

For more detailed information on the reporting process refer to the following links: 

You can contact the EHS office at 7-1111 for assistance in completing the investigation.


Workers’ Compensation

There may be instances when an injury incident may result in a workers’ compensation claim: 

The Workers’ Compensation Program provides benefits to employees who sustain work-related injuries and/or contract occupational diseases while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of their employment.  A Third-Party Administrator (TPA), contracted by the state of North Carolina, accepts or denies liability for a workplace injury or illness. The Workers’ Compensation Program is managed by the Office of Risk Management and Insurance.  For detailed information, please contact the Office of Risk Management and Insurance at 704-687-5711 or